South Korea forward Son Heung-min’s World Cup participation could be in doubt as he will undergo surgery on a facial fracture, his club Tottenham Hotspur said on Wednesday.
Son, 30, was injured midway through the first half of Tottenham’s Champions League tie at Olympique de Marseille following an aerial clash with Chancel Mbemba.
He required lengthy treatment on the pitch before being substituted and walking unsteadily down the tunnel.
“We can confirm that Heung-Min Son will undergo surgery to stabilise a fracture around his left eye,” Tottenham said on their website.
“Following surgery, Son will commence rehabilitation with our medical staff.”
South Korea’s hopes at the World Cup, which begins in less than three weeks, rest heavily on Son who has scored 35 goals in 104 appearances for his country. South Korea are in Group H with Portugal, Ghana and Uruguay.
Tottenham did not say how long Son is likely to be out of action but his injury is a big blow to Antonio Conte’s thirdplaced side who face Liverpool in the Premier League on Sunday.
England might have lost another full back to injury ahead of the World Cup after Ben Chilwell hurt his hamstring playing for Chelsea in the Champions League.
Chilwell, who was likely fighting for the left-back spot with Luke Shaw, covered his face with his hands as he lay on the ground after pulling up near the end of Chelsea’s 2-1 win at Stamford Bridge.
A few minutes later, as he was being helped off the field by two people, Chilwell appeared to say “it popped” to Chelsea and England teammate Mason Mount, who threw his head back in dismay.
Japan defender Yuta Nakayama will miss the World Cup after being ruled out for the rest of the season due to an Achilles injury, his English club Huddersfield Town said. Nakayama was named in Hajime Moriyasu’s 26-man squad on Tuesday.
- rising, was gradually flooding the cave of the dragon.
- his long-dead mind that we must rely for the rest. The
- Highnesses thegood news of the gold and to stop governing
- of Encyclopedists, forming the nucleus of a town-one small
- without actually submerging his head, and to regain the
- to correct Galactic history, undermined Seldon's entire
- First Foundation had come into existence. It is at the
- intelligent and valuable than you-and all the plans we
- Obviously, the tide was rising; and, after seeking vainly
- The two walked down the stairs. They were the only ones
- just saying ridiculous things to stir me up. By the Galaxy,
- Since you don't know how, don't you think it quite likely
- was anxious to examine a reported coal-mine which turned
- be entirely uninterested in what I really have to say?
- with a Councilman. Seldon's appearance made me look good
- One of them is as early as 1494, but this is generally
- slowly toward the north—he said nothing of the party
- in the name of the king and by his orders. Strictlyspeaking,
- voyage till they knew of Columbus's first discoveries;
- and took another step downward. The invisible cord between
- away from our tents the large circle of lookers on. An
- am lost in any case and I might as well expel some of the
- It is now four hundred and ninety-eight years after the
- Thought control, Mayor Branno? asked Golan Trevize, striding
- a quiet old man, who, in his appearance and manner of life,
- the Mule's death (she knew that) and only the fifth woman
- rules us. It still manipulates us. -And that is why we
- allowed to, and I will explain it to you. The truth of
- moving westward. Then, one day, he announced that half
- the way, I imagine I would find myself replaced, and I
- from the merit dueto Columbus for the great discovery.
- no. Too much danger of brain damage. It's slow healing
- in finding any place to pitch our tents, for it was spring-tide,
- I caused those of our people whom Ihad left there to come
- We hope, said Trevize dryly. But what was it like five
- Second Foundation was the fine-tuning agency of the Plan,
- of an ancient tertiary epoch) of which these islands are
- me that will reinforce the official version of what I am
- to the unfortunates who had lived in that insecure time.
- takes that name, had received thisname under the same circumstances
- skin, how he had passed the night. He seemed perfectly
- that they will see to it that we do not stray or lose our
- danger and Security will enter the Chamber. I trust you
- empty and there was no sign of any human being, let alone
- up the steps, depositing her there with her back to the
- scientists that he called “Foundations.” With deliberate
- defeated and ruled the Foundation. He alone was the Great
- of Columbus that there it could be cut off in two days
- or hedges under water, many fish which are left on the
- Kodell seemed indifferent to the other's emotion. And