New signing Leandro Trossard scored his first goal for Premier League leaders Arsenal but they were left frustrated as Ivan Toney secured a deserved 1-1 draw for Brentford on Saturday.
The Belgian forward replaced Gabriel Martinelli just past the hour mark with his side struggling and made an almost instant impact to convert a low cross by Bukayo Saka.
An eight-point lead in the table beckoned for Mikel Arteta’s side but they never looked comfortable against an enterprising Brentford who should have been ahead by half-time.
Toney, guilty of missing a sitter in the first half, pounced in the 72nd minute to nod in Christian Norgaard’s cross.
Despite dropping points for the second week in a row Arsenal lead the table by six points from champions Manchester City with both clubs having played the same amount of games.
Arsenal have 51 points from 21 games with City, who play Aston Villa on Sunday, on 45.
Tottenham Hotspur’s hopes of securing a top-four finish suffered another blow as they were thrashed 4-1 by Leicester City.
Looking to build on their victory over champions Manchester City last weekend, and chasing a fourth successive win in all competitions, Spurs raced into an early lead at the King Power Stadium through Rodrigo Bentancur’s close-range finish.
The hosts quickly turned the match on its head, however, with Nampalys Mendy hammering an equaliser home in the 23rd minute before James Maddison’s second goal in as many games completed the turnaround two minutes later.
Nigerian Kelech iIheanacho added a third in first-half stoppage time to extend Leicester’s lead, with the timing of that strike seemingly killing off Spurs’ hopes of getting anything from the contest.
Former Chelsea player Emerson Palmieri scored against his former club to earn WestHam a point and increase the pressure on Blues boss Graham Potter.
Chelsea fielded a new look £200m forward line but, despite taking the lead, were once again frustrated and have won just once in seven Premier League matches.
Joao Felix had already had a goal ruled out for offside when the Portugal forward fired visitors Chelsea ahead with a volleyed finish following a delicious assist by Enzo Fernandez.
Written with inputs from Reuters
⚫ West Ham 1 Chelsea 1
⚫ Palace 1 Brighton 1
⚫ Fulham 2 Forest 0
⚫ Leicester 4 Spurs 1
⚫ Southampton 1 Wolves 2
- he often spent much time with the white foreman of the
- all in chains. That was only a story, though. He was just
- again, but he didn’t think they would ever get warm here.
- take Summer too. And watch over Jon Snow too, and make
- of three-halfpence, two fowls, one of which, the Indian
- skin and back into his own. After the storm finally died,
- held him down, while Clydas helped guide the maester’s
- be sure, Your Grace. One king might die by chance, even
- end of the apartment. A steady stream of dirty water was
- challenging the besiegers to send a champion forth to meet
- arrow in his hand. No archer could have asked for an easier
- Sam with the Old Bear. He wouldn’t move, Jon.” You
- to sleep, rose and wandered out into the garden. The Hon.
- torrent with ten thousand swords. It must be a mile across,
- He slapped Davos on the back. “Take care. You with your
- shot. The Therns had their backs to the King’s Tower
- bivouacked near us. They had no shelter during the rain.
- Lew, Garth Greyfeather. Four or five more. Me.” “Sam?”
- important.” He closed the shutters, frowning. “You
- oars, and a crew that knows how to hold their tongues.”
- a quiet old man, who, in his appearance and manner of life,
- rather than at him, like a Dothraki riding down a foe.
- have turned that battle. Aegon once stood here as I do,
- himself sideways, pulling Paul with him... his arms flailed
- and he pulled up short, for, instinctively, he knew that
- the one before. He couldn’t tell how many, though. The
- as we have now. The meanest of the cripples.” That was
- and they wanted to kill Jon too. Jojen, there were a hundred
- reason we have seen so many parrots lately; the cheucau
- Sam saw Lark the Sisterman, Softfoot, Ryles. The wen on
- it were a Dothraki khalasar outside their gates. “This
- they could overwhelm Sandor Clegane, though he’d likely
- could trust. To them he explained his plans and the rich
- weary, and wet as well, dripping on my floor. There’s
- Deep Lake, then Queensgate. West is Icemark. But they’ll
- Bran wondered how many years had passed since there had
- and one man even sent us a cask of cider as a present.
- it was Joffrey he addressed. “Aerys also felt the need
- ears. His lady mother was slain as well, and thrown naked
- had watched him ride off through the storm. “We should
- ‘beware’ for nothing.” They were soon anxious for
- the Freys were a halfdozen yards away Catelyn heard him
- him a searching look and said, “How could that be?”
- tents. The drinking had been going on for hours, it seemed.
- then directed the ray of the little lamp toward the further
- be reclining in their fringed tokars to feast on lamb and
- their rooms to be bleak and cheerless. But the Freys had
- Black with his own eyes, Jon had wondered why anyone would
- designs to a successful conclusion. One party he moved
- eyes. Thick chestnut hair fell in loose waves to a waist