Paris St Germain’s intense schedule has played a part in Neymar’s latest injury, coach Christophe Galtier said, after the forward sprained his ankle and was stretchered off the pitch in Sunday’s 4-3 comeback win over Lille in Ligue 1.
Brazilian Neymar, who scored PSG’s second goal in the 17th minute, left the field in tears early in the second half after colliding with Lille’s Benjamin Andre and rolling his ankle.
“Neymar suf fered a sprained ankle during the game against Lille and underwent an MRI scan today. It did not reveal any fracture,” PSG said in a statement. “A new ligament assessment will be carried out in 48 hours.”
The club did not provide details on how long Neymar would be unavailable. The 31-year-old sustained damage to the same ankle during last year’s World Cup in Qatar.
Ligue 1 leaders PSG face Marseille, who are five points behind in second, away next weekend and host Nantes before taking on Bayern Munich in the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie as they look to overturn a 1-0 deficit.
Neymar has twice spent lengthy spells on the sidelines after sustaining metatarsal fractures before PSG’s last-16 tie against Real Madrid in 2019 and against Manchester United the following year, with the French side being knocked out on both occasions.
“This is not bad luck,” Galtier said. “There are always reasons for injuries. The schedule, the sequence of games. It is never random. He is being examined to know the severity of his sprain.”
- a quiet old man, who, in his appearance and manner of life,
- of strange men or savage beasts. She hesitated, turning
- there was small likelihood that the king would need assistance.
- village. She was fashioning a tent of leaves for Geeka.
- was the especial pride and joy of My Dear and Meriem. The
- beyond the long shadows, a dozen specks rising and falling
- impossible, and she gave the matter no further thought.
- I am not sure, she said, that I love you. Let us wait.
- the great caravan routes entering the Sahara from the south.
- the doll in his belt she transferred it to her own possession,
- of the boy's body hurled the black heavily to the ground,
- the fallen king, as with murder in their savage little
- lamp was incapable of penetrating the fog. He groped with
- would live long in the jungle. Where the great apes are
- an open plain, dotted with stunted trees and strewn with
- of our guns for over a month. Didn't have an idea there
- was scarcely superior to an English cottager. At night
- I am Korak! shouted the boy. I am the Killer. I came
- of the low country are too few to go against them. They
- for heads and skins and not for food. So Meriem remained
- In three strides he found his foot splashing in water.
- The report of the head man plunged Meriem into a period
- The next day the Swedes set out for Kovudoo's village bent
- You did not know it? asked Malbihn. That is strange.
- very slowly northward along the trail that connects with
- of his own home, while oft recurring, had become less vivid.
- Then would come again visions of Korak, and, tired at last
- the distance. Captain Jacot rose to his feet. He was not
- a pound of sugar or an ordinary knife. No individual possessed
- The bull lowered his trunk and the herd resumed their interrupted
- was a white man within a thousand miles of us when we camped
- choosing, since he could not master the man given name
- had come across his northerly camp and he feared that they
- Rome. In all the world there were but they two—Korak,
- not have wondered that she had half forgotten it. There
- the owner of the voice that had attracted his vengeful
- composed. When we reached Lemuy we had much difficulty
- tremors of excitement racing along every nerve of his body.
- her heart. Korak understood. The old man would kill her.
- horrified beneath the mesmeric gaze of a great serpent,
- a short time we were surrounded by a large group of the
- they searched the trees with their eyes they saw nothing
- first she was all anxiety to be off into the jungle searching
- and wrested from his antagonist, and then the blacks experienced
- Max gaining upon her, now, at every stride. There was a
- question Korak's right to the kingship. The apes jabbered
- at Korak; but in the excitement both missed and a moment
- by the light breeze. Suddenly the two halted simultaneously.
- to have a good idea of time, was employed to strike the
- have disobeyed, so the two men turned and left the village,